The NLB Legal Information Reading Room
The Legal Information Room of the National Library of Belarus is a structural subdivision of the Official Documents Department; it provides legal information resources to users.
2nd floor, room 207b
The room provides service to all readers, orders for documents from the subsidiary fund are provided by request.
The subsidiary fund of the room contains over 30 thousand items in Belarusian, Russian and foreign languages:
- books (constitutions, codes, laws and commentaries to them, collections of normative legal acts, encyclopedias, dictionaries, reference books, etc.);
- official periodicals of state authorities, ministries and departments, highest judicial bodies of the Republic of Belarus, the Russian Federation, the CIS countries and foreign countries, as well as the USSR, the RSFSR and the BSSR.
Access to electronic resources
The access to the electronic resources of the National Library of Belarus is provided to:
The access to full-text legal databases is provided to:
- reference legislation databank of the Republic of Belarus with the information search system "Etalon" (ISS "Etalon");
- reference legal system "ConsultantPlus";
- information legal system "Expert";
- analytical legal system "Business-Info";
- information legal system "Legislation of the CIS countries On-line";
- reference information system "JUSIAS" (as of 2014);
- information search system "Kodeks", which contains an electronic system of normative and technical information "Norms, rules, standards of Russia" (as of 2007);
- reference legal system "Normative Acts of Ukraine" (as of 2010).
The access to the electronic resources of the leading global information companies EAST VIEW, EBSCO, OXFORD JOURNALS etc. is provided.
- access to Belarusian, Russian and foreign databases on legislation and law posted on the Internet;
- access to the resources of the Virtual Legal Information Center;
- exhibitions of new acquisitions in the fund of the hall;
- thematic book exhibitions.
- photocopying of fragments of printed publications;
- copying of information from databases to electronic media of users;
- printout of electronic information;
- preliminary orders for scanning fragments of documents from the auxiliary fund of the hall are accepted.
The opening hours of the hall corresponds to the opening hours of the library.
Bibliographer on duty
Phone: (+375 17) 293 27 28 (internal number 77–28)
Head of section:
Phone: (+375 17) 293 27 32 (internal number. 77–32)
Head of the Official Documents Department
Phone: (+375 17) 293 2868 (internal number. 78–68).